Tanner loves his Uncle Matt! We love him, too. He just barely started his fulltime two year mission to teach the gospel to the Spanish people in Atlanta Georgia.
While we were in Sacramento, it just so happened that Matt was going to receive his endowment in the Sacramento Temple in preparation for his mission. We didn't know this when we booked our flights, so Jeremy made a last minute change with his return flight so that he could be in the temple with his brother. It was a wonderful day!
Jeremy also got some one on one time with Matt playing disc golf and shooting hoops in the swimming pool. Jeremy left early Sunday morning to get back to MN for work. I stayed in Sacramento with the boys 5 more days. Dallin and Tanner had some good times with their uncle! The boys enjoyed dinner at Red Robin where Uncle Matt worked. They also liked swimming, shooting hoops, playing with the dog, playing McDonald's restaurant and chillin' with Matt.
I had fun helping Matt clean out his room. It's not easy deciding what to do with stuff that you won't see for two years. We spent a couple hours organizing and tossing and packing. It was also fun playing racket ball with Matt (Steve, Katie and DadZ were there, too). Matt was surprised at my racket ball abilities, which made me feel athletic!
Saying goodbye to Matt was no big deal for Tanner. We tried explaining to Tanner that he wouldn't see Matt for more than two years, but he didn't really get it. Finally, at the last minute, as we pulled out of the car, Tanner waved and gave Matt a high five.
I'm so proud and happy for The Matt, as he calls himself. I met him when he was only 10 years old. That means I've known him for almost half of his life! Every time that I've seen him, he has gotten a little taller and a little more mature than the time before. (Jeremy's blog post The Matt) Two of my favorite memories with him were when he shadowed some of my classes the first couple years that I taught elementary school and when he and Katie convinced me to ride the X2 roller coaster not just once, but twice. (Blog post about X2) Also, one cannot forget when Matt got nailed in the head by a kite surfer at our beach. (Matt's Accident)
Matt is funny, charming, spiritual, kind, observant, courageous and goofy. Can't wait to see how much taller he gets while on his mission, both physically and spiritually!
We love you ELDER Uncle Matt!
No comments:
Post a Comment