While we were in Sacramento, we got to spend time with all of our wonderful grandparents.
Here is Dallin and Tanner with Great Grandma Ginny.
She is staying in assisted living right now, and Tanner was a little uncomfortable with the place during our first visit. He didn't mutter a word unless it was requesting to leave. I explained to him that all the grandmas and grandpas that are sick stay here until they get better, but that didn't help him feel any more comfortable.
Luckily, during our second visit (just me and Tanner), he felt much more comfortable! Tanner was a little chatterbox with Grandma! There were so many sweet little moments, I couldn't believe it.
He asked her lots of questions: "Grandma, is it okay if I sit on your bed?" "What color do you like the best, Grandma?" "Do you like baseball? I loooove baseball." When he asked her what she liked the best, she said "I like being with you the best."
He sang her the ABC's and This Land is Your Land and Goodnight Grandma. The two of them compared hand sizes and gave hugs. So precious!
Tanner invited Grandma to his house. "Grandma, when you get better, you can come to my house and play drums with me and my daddy!" And he invited himself to stay with her. "Grandma, when I get sick, can I lay in that bed?"
On the way home, he asked if he could bring grandma a snack next time. I told him that would be great, but I'm not sure she can eat our snacks. Tanner was quiet for about a minute, then asked, "Can I bring Grandma Ginny flowers next time?" I said yes! So a couple of days later, we brought Grandma red flowers because she told us that was her favorite color.
He was really excited to bring them to her.
Grandma was so happy and said that every time she looks at the flowers she will think of Tanner. We sang her several songs before giving hugs and saying goodnight.
Tanner also had fun with his Great Grandma Davidson! He played tickle games with her at the 4th of July party.

We were able to get a picture of Dallin with his living heritage of FIVE generations! (We also got one with Tanner when he was 1 yr old). Here is Great, Great Grandma June with her son, Great Grandpa Davidson, and his daughter, Grandma Zavoral, and her son, Dada Jeremy, and his son, Baby Dallin!
Later in the week, Tanner wanted to mow the lawn with his toy lawn mower. After he was done with Grandma Z's lawn, he wanted to keep mowing. I told him to just mow the lawn again. "NO! I already mowed this grass. I need to mow a different grass." So I took him over to Grandma June's house and he worked very faithfully mowing her lawn while me and Grandma visited on the porch.
We are so blessed to have these Great Grandparents in our lives! It was especially fun to watch Tanner build relationships with them. What a blessing!!
No comments:
Post a Comment