Wednesday, August 13, 2014

12 Ways That We've Enjoyed Our Summer Days

#1- Working in the garden. We're learning more and more about the importance of  watering and harvesting the veggies at just the right time, haha.  
 #2- Doing Art Projects. We paint, color, chalk, and make cool things like robots out of junk.
 
#3- Playing with Toys! Daddy and Dallin made this cool tower.
 #4- Working on House Projects. Refinishing the deck only took about 3 weeks. Our learning curve is still pretty big as we figure out how to take care of everything on our property!
#5- Making Apple Pie. And apple juice, apple muffins, apple butter, apple crisp, and other apple treats with apples from OUR OWN apple tree!
Last year, we only got 2 apples from this tree. This year it's about 100. Dallin loves the little ones!
#6- Eating School Lunch. Almost everyday that we've been in town, I've taken the boys to eat their FREE lunches at the school in our neighborhood. They love it, especially when we go with friends. And they eat better at school than they do at home.
#7- Biking and taking walks through the neighborhood. Tanner is getting really good at riding his trike, including down hills. What a stud!
#8- Spending time with friends from church. I've also been teaching friends and families with the missionaries and I've been very busy with the girls in our youth group.
#9- Playing in the backyard. Notice how good the deck looks now?
#10- Golfing... Sort of.
 
 
 #11- Visiting the County Fair. Tanner is at the fair, holding hands with some of his best friends. This fair was definitely different from my experiences at the Orange County Fair mostly because this place was dominated by TONS of animals, farming stuff and 4H events. It was a nice change! But I gotta admit that I missed all the OC entertainment.
Gaming Room at the fair. I never knew there was such a thing!
Dallin chatted with some of his stroller friends while Tanner looked at the fish.
#12- Saying prayers of thanks for all that we have during this BEAUTIFUL summer! Especially our two adorable little boys!

No comments: