We joined the church camp out in Oxbow Park on July 25-26. Jeremy couldn't come because he was on his business trip in LA (supervising the filming of the first Skippy commercial!). So I teamed up with Leighsa and her kids, and I also brought two girls from our youth group.
Tanner was so proud to wear his camping vest. He got lots of compliments on it.
Can you tell how concerned he is about this little girl sitting in Dallin's camping chair? Oh boy, it was hilarious how possessive, but passive aggressive, Tanner was with these chairs.
Here's Dallin with one of his buddies.
We had hobo dinners, which I guess is the Minnesota way of saying tin foil dinners. Ours turned out super yummy!!
The evening was way fun, with a skit, devotional, camp fire songs and eating lots of desserts. I learned how to make pudgy pies and banana boats. Tanner got super sticky from his s'mores!
We got a little rain that night, but we stayed SO warm in our tent. The secret is to have a lot of people piled up together. We had 9 people in our tent, and yes, it was like a sauna! We giggled for a couple hours telling jokes and stories. Best part: Dallin and Tanner slept really well.
The next day, all the boys played by the river and caught little critters. Can you see Leighsa holding that thing?
Dallin has a pink pacifier because a few nights earlier back at home, we couldn't find ANY of his pacies. So I ran to Walmart at 11:30pm, only to find that all the boy pacies were sold out. I was forced to get bright pink ones. Oh well!
My two boys really do love each other!
After packing up camp, we toured around the Zollman Zoo and nature center. It is free and so, so fun!
Watching the bear.
The bison.
My little munchkins looked so teeny next to these giant bison!
We had a great time camping while being surrounded by so much green and so many wonderful friends!
2 comments:
The pictures of Tanner and Dallin together are SO cute!!
he gets the possessive passive aggressive from his mother! love his face in that pic!
way to rock the pink paci dallin!
~desha
Post a Comment