Monday, August 11, 2014

Cousin Adventures, Part II

Effie Yeaw Nature Center & American River
Our day at the nature center and river was beautiful and hot. Almost everyone enjoyed exploring the nature center (Tanner was super cranky, so I had to supervise him while he was in time-out). Then, we all found a spot for a picnic! Tanner perked up once we ate.
Little buddies!
Dallin looks so funny in this selfie. I think he was half blinking.
Four in a row, sitting still enough for us to see all of their eyes! ...well, sort of!
Walking down to the river! 
Dallin just walked right out into the water without any hesitation. 
Tanner searched for gold rocks with Aunt Katie and threw rocks into the water with his cousins.
Dallin tried drinking the water and was successful on several attempts. Yuck!
AH! Everyone ended up in just diapers. What a fun little adventure!

Great Grandma Davidson's House
These four little rug-rats played so well together in Grandma's backyard. They helped push each other in this car!
I played beads with the kids in the family room. The red string that Tanner is holding is actually a giant wad of beaded necklaces. 

Swimming in the Backyard
The kids swam several times during the week. This was our last day of swimming. (Tanner was sleeping).

Painting Nails
I got to paint each of the twins toes on our last day in Sacramento. They loved it!
It was fun watching them try to rub it off and then be confused how the paint was still on their toes.

Goodbye Pictures
Boys with Aunt Katie
I love this picture!
Goodbye, Uncle Steve!
Tanner: "Wait, Mama! We can't go now!! I have to finish lawn mowing the grass!!"

Golden Gate Bridge
Our flight back to MN was out of San Francisco. We were able to make a detour to the Golden Gate Bridge on the way there!
Tanner, of course, had to wear his backpack. He was really excited to see the bridge because there are pictures of it in one of his books.
It was such a beautiful, clear day!!
Once we got to the airport, Tanner saw a poster of the Golden Gate Bridge and said, "Hey, I went to that place before! That's the Golden Gate Bridge!!" 
Grandma helped us get all the way to the gate, which was cool because I didn't know airports let you do that these days. Both boys were getting sick and congested, so I gave them decongestion medicine that also got them drowsy. I am now a big fan of drugging your kids on airplanes, especially if you're the only adult traveling with kids. It worked out great for me because only one boy was awake at a time, and Dallin slept on my chest for most of the flight. 
Wow, now I am finally done blogging about our West Coast Adventures! (It only took 8 posts!) From the Portland food trucks to the Oregon Coast to the Fulsom trains to the streets of Citruis Heights to the San Francisco Bay, and all the aunts, uncles, grandparents and cousins in between, we had a BLAST!!

No comments: