Thursday, December 24, 2015

Giving Thanks

Grandpa Papa and Grandma Nana came to our house for Thanksgiving week! We had a really fun time with them, but I have to be honest, they mostly spent time with the boys, haha.
Dallin was very proud of his pilgrim hat that he made at Sheila's house. 
I took my parents to tour the Hormel Historic Home to see all the Christmas decorations. This home has grown to be a favorite place for our family. I teach my family music classes in their big living room with a grand piano built in 1914. I am also a member of the board for the home, on a task force to help make the home more of a family destination. A week before Thanksgiving, we hosted a big Holiday kick-off event that was very successful! 
My mom really enjoyed the self guided tour.
For lunch, I took us out to eat at B&J. I was glad there are still some restaurants in town that my parents haven't tried yet! This is the only picture I took while we were there. I can't remember what cute thing Dallin was doing.
We made some native american hats to go with the pilgrim hat.
It was fun to have Tanner help set the table. That is one of his four daily chores. He did a pretty good job!
The Petersons came to join us for the feast!
We ended up with so many yummy dishes that our turkey go neglected. But it saved well for lots of other meals.
After feasting, we had a Mario Cart tournament. I did not expect Leighsa to do so well!
The game continues...
Guitar buddies
Getting a family photo wasn't easy.
Dallin loves all of the Peterson kids.
I'm glad I got to spend some time with this lady!
On Black Friday, Tanner searched through the John Deer ads and decided what he would buy. 
Just happens to be the same kind of mower that Grandpa Papa has! Only $6,900!! Tanner says he's gonna start saving his money now. Lol.
On Saturday, Jeremy bought a real tree, and we all decorated it together. This was one of my favorite things about the week!
Dallin wanted to put all of his ornaments up very high.
Grandpa and Tanner had fun playing outside. Tanner insisted on wearing shorts since it was sunny outside. 
We're so glad that the boys got to play with their grandparents so much this week!! It was a nice, quiet visit with them, playing in the basement and outside, doing projects, watching football, cooking and eating. In addition to the Hormel Home, we also enjoyed a minor league Hockey Game in the stadium in our town. The game was delayed about 45 minutes, and we almost gave up on watching it, but I'm really glad we stayed because our team scored 2 points within the first ten minutes of the game and 1 more point before the period was over! The boys liked watching the game, Dallin loved watching the mascot. Mom and Dad were impressed that we have a hockey stadium in such a small town. That's Minnesota, haha! Also, Jeremy and I got to go to the movies by ourselves for the first time since we've lived here! We love you, Grandpa Papa and Grandma Nana! Thank you for coming to visit us!!

No comments: