Monday, April 27, 2015

Winter turns to Spring

This post features pictures from March 17 to March 30. 
When we got back from our Epic Family Trip, the weather was actually in the 60's. And it was time for St. Patricks' Day! 
I was really glad that I listened to the prompting to put up our St Patrick decorations before we left, otherwise we probably wouldn't have celebrated. We had some guest visitors for dinner:
We accomplished our goal of making it to one hockey game this season. We went with our friend Riley and the Grush family. Both boys loved the game. Dallin was super excited about the stadium playing "We Will Rock You" over and over again.
The boys did some painting one day.

It turns out that Jeremy also did some painting! At work, they made everyone paint the brand that they are in charge of. Jeremy did such a great job!! (Valley Fresh Canned Chunk Chicken)


Then we got a big dump of snow. 8 inches!
This was one of the few snows of the winter where it was warm enough to play in it. The boys were in heaven doing a lot of shoveling. And I managed to snow-blow the whole driveway. Well, I couldn't get the big drift down at the end of the driveway, so Jeremy came to shovel it during his lunch break so I could get my car out of the driveway and go shopping.
We enjoyed some dance and singing performances.
One day, I took the boys shopping for supplies to make dancing ribbons for the preschool music class that I teach. Poor Dallin fell asleep in the store. He was so tired; the Epic Trip really took a toll on us. It took about 4 weeks for all of us to get back to normal.
Before spring break, Tanner got to help Erin with making maple syrup on the Grush farm. It was my first time seeing how maple syrup is made. SO COOL!
It drips out of the tap like water.
After sifting out debris, you boil it down so all the water evaporates, leaving just sugary, delicious syrup. 
One week after getting home from our Epic Family Trip, Jeremy went on a business trip to Puerto Rico! It was his second time there this year.
I'm really glad that I declined the offer to go with him. He thought I was crazy for not going. I felt silly too, but I just didn't feel good about going. Now I know that it was the Holy Ghost guiding me to not go. God truly is aware of us! He knew our Epic Trip would be extended by a week due to Grandma's passing, and that it would take a huge toll on me. I was truly in no position to leave the boys and do a "fun" couple trip after only being home for 6 days. I was so exhausted and glad to be home to get the boys back into the swing of things. 
Jeremy had a great time there, mostly doing work, and a few minutes here and there to see the ocean. His return flight had all kinds of ridiculous delays and cancellations. He'll have to blog about that later, in hopes that United will solve some serious management problems that they have. 
During spring break, the weather was gorgeous. We got to enjoy a family evening at the park! 
It was so nice to enjoy some spring weather! It made us excited for Easter!!

No comments: