Tanner had been asking about snow and getting excited for snow to come to our house. We read some books about it and were anxiously waiting. It came during the night on Nov 11, so when he woke up, I told Tanner that I brought him a special surprise that's outside. When he looked out the window, he stared for about 10 seconds, smiled and then said, "You brought me snow, Mama!"
It was really sweet, but I made a big mistake telling him the snow came from me. Now he thinks that every time it snows, I brought it to him. He won't let me say that Heavenly Father actually brings us the snow. He insists that it's me. Oops.
Anyway... After Tanner first saw the snow, he wanted to go play in it. After breakfast, we got all suited up.
He took his brand new shovel from GramZ, walked right out into the grass and started shoveling! He thought I was silly for suggesting he shovel the driveway.
He liked stomping around and digging. He wasn't too keen on making snow angels or eating the snow. When I took a taste of snow, he batted it out of my hand and said "That yucky Mama. You not supposed to eat it!"
Here's some pics of lunch time.
Tanner loves it when Jeremy comes home for lunch, which is about 3 or 4 times a week.
I put Dallin in the baby bouncer seat, left the room for about 30 seconds and came back to find this. I guess he decided he's too old for it now.
Beautiful bath baby!
With the snow and cold, I'm sure glad we have a playroom.
I think Tanner asked me to take this of him.
The first snow made me want to bake! We made lots of muffins and banana bread. I've never had an urge to bake before. It makes sense that most baked cookies and breads and pastries come from European countries. It's what you gotta do to keep warm!
I finally broke down and let Jeremy give Dallin his first haircut just 2 days shy of being 6 months old.
Bye bye, long-newborn-baby hair!
Hello, short-big-baby hair.
I like the mohawk better.
Tanner got a haircut, too. Jeremy did a nice trim.
Making some apple baby food.
Now, because of the snow, most of the action happens indoors!
No comments:
Post a Comment