Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Baby Blessing



Tanner was given a special baby blessing at our church on August 7, 2011. Not to be confused with a baptism, the blessing is like a special prayer for Tanner. Since Jeremy holds the priesthood, he was able to give Tanner the blessing. It was such a special day- one that I had been looking forward to for a long time.

We were very blessed to have most of our family spend the weekend of the blessing with us. 
Tanner's Gramz & Grampz

Tanner's Great-Grandma Davdison
 Tanner's Great-Grandpa Davidson 
Tanner's Uncle Matt
Tanner's Nana, Papa and Auntie Desha (This picture makes me laugh because my side of the family is extra crazy about taking pictures of Tanner)
Tanner's Auntie Tauni
 While everyone was here, we all went to the beach! Grandma & Grandpa Davidson were real troopers. I loved visiting with Gpa while I fed Tanner in the shade. 
 Jeremy & Matt
 Desha & me

The BIG DAY!!
 
  The entire gang in front of our town home

The men that participated in the blessing (Matt held the microphone for Jeremy during the blessing) It's awesome that Tanner has so many great guys to look up to. 
My side of the fam

 My sweet son! He was almost 6 weeks old! (5 weeks and 5 days)





2 comments:

cardwellclan said...

Sarah, he is adorable! What great blessing pictures. I am glad you had a great day and had so much family there!

Ryan and Chelsea said...

I love his little outfit - especially that white bow tie! How cute! It seems like the cool thing to do with family is head to the beach (: He is such a cute kid, I love all of his facial expressions!