That's right. We up and did it. We left Tanner with a babysitter at 1 month old and went clubbing in LA!
Well, actually, Jeremy's MBA class had a big party to celebrate finishing their first year of grad school and it just happened to be at a club. The music was terribly loud and we paid over $15 for our lemonade and sprite, but it was still awesome to get away from spit-up and dirty diapers for a few hours. I got to wear a tight shirt, high heels, jewelry and make-up- 4 things I haven't worn in months and months!Jeremy and I felt pretty cool. Not because we were at a club, but because we managed to go on a real date just 4 weeks after having a baby. This is a big milestone, and I'm glad it didn't take us months or even years (we've heard of it happening!).
We are so lucky to have several great friends who are willing (more like begging) to take turns babysitting Tanner. Our neighbor is one of them, and she said "I can't believe how relaxed you are about leaving your baby with us! When I was a new mom, I could never leave my baby with anyone!"
So one thing I've learned about myself is that I'm perfectly fine with leaving my kid with other people. I'm not entirely sure why. But I think it's because I've been on the other side- the one who babysits. The kids I took care of were always fine without their mom, and I loved those little people as much as I knew how, so it's easier for me to trust that others can do the same for my little guy. Not to mention, it's annoying to babysit a kid that hardly ever leaves his mom's side, so I want to avoid being that mom.
Luckily, clubbing wasn't the only date for us as new parents. Since then, we've gone to the temple, a Broadway show (Mary Poppins- and it was unbelievable!!), and tomorrow we are going to a surprise event for our anniversary. Hard to believe we have been married for 5 years. What an AMAZING life I've had with Jeremy, and it is only getting better!!
No comments:
Post a Comment