Wednesday, August 5, 2015

Baby Showers

I got a little baby hungry with two baby showers in one week. On Thursday, June 25, I hosted a Pink and Purple shower at my house for Angelina. It was really fun!
We had a great turnout.
Sweet and salty foods brought by several friends.
She got a great start on baby's wardrobe.
We played Mirror, Mirror on the Wall, where you match the Disney princess with her accessories and hair styles. Winner got a princess figurine. 
We played Pretty Pretty Princess with real jewelry. Winners got a cute ring holder. 
We played "My water broke!" with these little plastic babies. I froze them in some ice cube trays, then put the ice cubes in empty cups, one for each person. While Angelina opened her presents, everyone kept track of their babies melting out of the ice cube. We yelled "my water broke!" when the baby was free from the ice. First baby free was the winner. Winner got a vase.
The next day, the boys and I got ready to go out for lunch. Tanner was very proud that morning about brushing his own hair. I wondered if it had anything to do with the shirt he was wearing, haha.
We enjoyed lunch at the school. Our town provides free lunch for all kids ages 1-18 during the summer, regardless of income. The boys and I love it! I save about $30 a week this way.
Playing on the playground with our friend.
Walking back to the car after playing.
The next day, Sat June 27, we drove up to the cities so that I could be at Stacy's baby shower!! She was so pretty and happy. There were a lot of fun games at her shower, my favorite was writing messages on a stack of baby diapers.
I can't wait to see little Baby Burke!!

No comments: