Wednesday, September 3, 2014

August Photo Journal

We are trying to go to 30 different restaurants in our town by December so that we can be entered into a drawing for prize money. Our goal is to eventually go to all 60 in our town. That's right, between our three subways, two McDonald's, and a bunch of mom and pop places, we actually have 60 places to eat out here, which sounds like a lot. But when you compare that with HB, where we had over 60 places to eat at in a four block radius, it kind of puts things in perspective! 
At any rate, we've been enjoying the Restaurant Quest. The boys really liked eating at the frozen yogurt joint. 
I love Dallin's little bum in this picture below.
I took some young women from church to the temple on Aug 8. It was a great experience!
Later that day, Leighsa's girls came over to make apple pie with apples from our tree.
Tanner danced with his buddy while the pies baked in the oven. Later that night, we went to the county fair with Leighsa's girls. We all had fun petting the animals. 
We had some Wentworth kids over one day. Dallin was so excited that there was a baby in the house. He kept pointing and clapping and touching and poking the baby. 
Dallin's favorite thing to do was hug and kiss the baby. I had to pry Dallin off of the baby over and over again because he was squeezing the poor thing so tight! It was so funny! 
One day, I left the baking cupboard open on accident, and the boys turned all the containers into drums! As a music teacher, I was really excited about it!!
Dallin kept going through t-shirts faster than I could keep them clean, so I dug up Tanner's 18 month old clothes to see if I could find anymore t-shirts that might fit Dallin. We found a slew of cute clothes that he kind of fits into!
What a cute kid!
We went to a Twins baseball game with Stacy and Dan!! We had amazing seats because Jeremy got them from work.
Tanner loved the game. He understood most of what was going on, including balls, strikes, ground balls, and the entertainment on the jumbo screen, including the Kiss Cam! He loved talking about the cool plays and eating snacks.
Dallin was very amused by the airplanes that took off right over the stadium from the nearby airport.  He kept pointing at the sky, signing "airplane" and clapping. About every 5-10 minutes another plane would fly over us, and Dallin made sure we saw every one of them!
I tried to get Dallin to look down at the field, but to no avail. Every time that people cheered, he pointed to the sky and would clap! So I'm convinced that Dallin thought we all came to a big stadium to watch airplanes!
On most days at home, we stay in our pajamas until we absolutely have to change. These little guys are so cute in their jammies!
Check out this great view of our beautiful deck and porch without the fence around it!
This picture is to document how Dallin often helps clean the floor by eating his own food that falls from his table.
Tanner likes typing numbers on this calculator and then asks me to read the numbers. Then he says "Whoa, that's a big number."
And this picture is to document how Dallin is constantly climbing on our furniture. Even though he's short, he can wiggle his way onto the couch, and climbs up the back of it and plops down on the other side without getting hurt!

1 comment:

Chelsea said...

Apple tree - in your YARD!!! That's fabulous!