Tuesday, May 27, 2014

cinco de mayo and other fun

Our church had a Cinco de Mayo party that was a big hit!! When we told Tanner about the pinatas and that he could hit it with a baseball bat, he was super excited. He was actually chosen to be the first one to hit the pinata, lucky duck! He was very aggressive about it!
We had fun listening to the high school mariachi band and visiting with friends.
Tanner liked watching the mariachi band violin players, so he used his spoon and sucker stick to play his own violin. What a funny kid.
I love this pic of him eating dessert with his friends.
Jackie and Serious are two of the awesome young women I get to serve in our youth group. These girls come to my house at least once a week to learn piano and help me with the boys.
Some of Tanner's buddies. 
Other Fun
I've convinced Tanner that our yogurt is ice cream. This is just normal yogurt, not frozen yogurt. 
The funniest part is that Tanner thinks the picture on the ice cream cone box of chocolate chip ice cream is actually raisins. So he told me to put raisins on his ice cream. 
He loves it!

We are both pretty happy about it this new snack! Tanner even had us give a toast for our ice cream cones!
We still eat in the dining room about once a week. Tanner's new thing is that if his shirt gets at all soiled or wet, he has to take it off. We did not have this problem in the winter, so maybe it has to do with the growing heat and humidity?
Basement play on a rainy day! Dallin climbs up and slides down this slide all on his own.
After lots of practice walking short distances, Dallin made the switch from mostly crawling to mostly walking during the second week of May. On Tuesday he was mostly crawling everywhere and on Thursday, we noticed that he was mostly walking everywhere!
He loves to climb and play.
Inventing new toys.
Dallin is quickly gaining a lot of motor skills, including hammering.
Excited about something!
Dallin makes the cutest faces when he eats! He has seven teeth, chews and eats well, wanting to try everything. We let him eat everything except raisins and nuts. LOVES mandarin oranges, lima beans, scrambled eggs and watermellon. 
Dallin has a major sweet tooth; will only eat veggies if mashed up and mixed with something like yogurt, applesauce or bananas. Eats chicken really well. Also loves fish. Does not like carrots in any form and hasn't since the first day I offered it. Sort of drinks from a sippy cup. We are still breastfeeding all the time. He refuses to take a bottle. I keep saying that I'm going to wean him cold turkey, but that hasn't happened yet. This cutie pie is hard to say 'no' to!
I love this baby!!

2 comments:

Larry Klemmer said...

Hi SarahLynn,
I really enjoy your blog, thanks for sharing!
Larry

Anonymous said...

I love your babies! Someday, hopefully someday, I'll meet them! Love you Sarah with an H!
Abbie Lane