My friend, Taryn, came to visit us all the way from LA! She stayed from April 15-21. It was so much fun having her here!! We played with the boys, did some fun tourist sights, baked and cooked and ate. But most of our visit consisted of non-stop talking about everything! That's something Taryn and I are really good at doing together, haha. Here's pics of what we did.
Flour Museum, Old General Mills Plant in Minneapolis
Terrific Twos Class
At Home
Enjoying some warmer weather
Baking Easter Sugar Cookies
Tanner saw all the flour on the counter and had the idea to make a snow angel in it. Jeremy loved the idea, so we let him try it!
Tanner was a pro at rolling the dough, cutting the shapes and placing them carefully on the tray. It helped that he had a great teacher.
Dallin had a few insecurities about making the cookies. So adorable!
SPAM Museum
Slumber Party
One night, Taryn and I talked pretty late (no surprise). Dallin was really congested and waking up tons. So we decided to just hang out in her room all night so that Dallin wouldn't wake up Jeremy again and again. We talked for a few more hours and then finally fell asleep.
Day Trip to Mystery Caves
We had a private tour of the cave and really enjoyed it. Tanner was more scared than I expected him to be and had to be held the whole time.
Mall of America
Tanner took this picture of me with him
And he took this picture!
Shrimp platter at Bubba Gumps. Yum!
Taryn taught Dallin how to flip his lips with his finger.
Taryn and Tanner rode the escalators just for fun.
We found this cool store for boys.
Last pic of us together.
Saying goodbye. Sniff, sniff.
I am soooo glad that Taryn came to visit and so honored that she spent a week of her Spring vacation to be with us!! I knew we would have a great time together, but we had even more fun than I imagined. One thing that was so great about being with her again was hearing her infectious laugh. I had forgotten how much I love her laughter! Her passion for life, and particularly teaching, motivates me to keep progressing with my goals and dreams.
Tanner made Taryn his new tent buddy and was very upset when she left. I'm still having withdrawals, too. I love you, Taryn, and I can't wait until our next Mutual Appreciation Society Talking Fest!!
1 comment:
Hi SarahLynn,
Looks like you had a good time!
Larry (your bud)
Post a Comment