One of my best college friends, Megan, was in the area and came to see us with her husband and daughter! They spent the night at our house, so we got to visit into the late hours of the night. The next day we played all morning in the basement, went to the SPAM museum, and ate lunch at Piggy's Blues. Tanner was so excited to have a new friend! (Although they did meet as babies at Janae's wedding).
The kids loved playing with Brandon!
Spam Museum
The kids' expressions here are pretty hilarious. I guess we should have worked harder to convince them that they had fun.
On Saturday, me, Jeremy and the boys drove down to Ames, Iowa where Brandon had a work conference.
Me, Jeremy and Megan took the kids out to eat for lunch. Then we toured a cute Railroad Museum, which they loved. Then, Jeremy and the kids took naps while Megan and I talked and talked and talked. After naps, we met up with Brandon for Thai dinner- so yummy! Finally, we topped off the already awesome day with swimming at their hotel pool!
The museum was a neat little place and we learned quite a few things!
At the pool...
These two kids became the cutest little buddies. They chased each other and screamed and giggled all throughout the day.
I told them, "Put your arms around each other for the picture!" and they did this:
This was such an awesome weekend! I'm super glad we got to spend so much time with Megan's family. It gave us a chance to really catch up and to allow our kids to build a friendship, too. It's pretty weird that Megan and I are now at the stage where we have kids and they can play with each other! Crazy!!
I love you, Megan!! You are an amazing mommy and example to me. It was so cool of you to take time from your trip to see us!
No comments:
Post a Comment