Thursday, March 6, 2014

Photo Journal

These photos are from Feb 3- Feb 15.
I love the way Dallin straddles my hip.
I think Tanner is such a good eater for being 2 1/2. Most days he eats a huge breakfast. "I want pancanks, ceweal, oatmeal, eggs and bacon and that's all I eat!" His favorite food is pancanks. (I put spinach and zuccini in them, with peanut butter on top). He eats pretty much everything except plain zucinni and spinach (one of the reasons I put them in the pancakes). Some other favorites are carrots, hummus, tomatoes, rice, beans, chicken and any fruit. He almost always says please and thank you on his own (I'm convinced he learned this from his babysitters Kayla and Genine in HB). And when he is done eating, he will often clear his plate without being asked. 
Dallin is a pretty good eater, too, trying more and more foods everyday. He has a sweet tooth, so for pretty much every meal, I mix green veggies with applesauce, yogurt, or banana because he won't eat them otherwise. We give him almost everything from our own plates to try, too. He really loves all meats including ground beef, steak, chicken, and fish. Anything that's slimy- noodles with sauce, fruit pieces, tomato, blueberries- he just squeezes and studies with perplexity.
Dallin learned how to wave! He first waved at Brother Blake at church. He also holds his hand up towards people, as if to make some kind of greeting gesture to them. Very cute! 
The week of Feb 3-7 was one of the hardest we've had with sleepless nights. Tanner complained of growing pains. Dallin was teething. Both had runny noses, too. 
Luckily, we were able to get a break from the kids by going to Jeremy's work party at a fancy winery out in the country. They did the "price is right" and Jeremy was the host. He got tons of laughs, and everyone was very impressed with the Plinko board that Jeremy made.
The next day, we took the kids to a play place that Jeremy found in a nearby drug store. It was the perfect remedy to help with the boys' cabin fever.
Then we ate at Culvers, which is a popular fast food place out here. This is Tanner's extremely sad face, but I can't remember what he was crying about. He also has a very distinct, hooty cry that he does when he is being overly dramatically sad. It's just as funny as this face.
Love the face.
Love the thighs. We don't see baby skin that much since we wear so many layers to keep warm.
Baking with Dada.
First time finding the dirt in the potted plant.
Soooo tired. Dallin was sitting here cooing and the next thing we realized, he was asleep.
This is how we keep warm in the basement.
Valentines day was simple and fun. 
We made lots of heart decorations during project time. 
The boys did the heart prints at Story Time in the library. I can't believe how close in size Tanner and Dallin's hands are. Tanner has always had small hands and shorter fingers. Dallin, on the other hand (pun intended), has pretty long fingers! I measured and compared the length of their middle fingers. Dallin's is only an eighth of an inch shorter than Tanner's. 
Jeremy and I went out for lunch at the Old Mill Restaraunt. We looked really nice, but forgot to take pictures because we were having too much fun with this present that I made Jeremy.
I filled this container with 50 things that Jeremy does on a regular basis that shows he loves me. I wanted him to know that I notice all the things he does for me and the boys, especially because I'm not always as appreciative to him as I should be. 
And why not end this post with a cute picture of Dallin? Taken Feb 15.

No comments: