As you know, we got Jeremy his own drum set in October. He has been playing ever since, taking lessons about once a month and practicing almost every day. There is no exaggeration in saying that he's going from pretty good to REALLY good. I, of course, take some of the credit seeing that it was me who encouraged him to get drums and me who enjoys (most of the time) the loud sounds coming from the basement.
But there is another hobby Jeremy has recently taken on.
Everyone, meet Jeremy the BAKER!
His motivation to start baking came from being disappointed in my own baking. (Not to be confused with my cooking.)
When working with food, I have a tendency to do my own thing, like add something extra, use a substitute or try a different twist. It just doesn't seem right for me to follow a recipe perfectly. I need to have that creative element. Sometimes, my creations turn out great. Other times, not so much. This is why cooking is much more suitable for me because things don't have to be an exact science. Baking, on the other hand, kinda does.
My version of apple pie turned out to be delicious sliced apples glazed in honey and cinnamon on a pie crust-a much more healthy option than a real pie.
Jeremy was horrified.
So he pulled up some videos on allrecipes.com and figured out how to make his own apple pie. He is really good at sticking to a recipe, and so this is what came of it. I was extremely impressed!
Then, he tried chocolate chip cookies. I've never made those from scratch in my life, so I cheered him on.
They were very delicious, putting up a good competition with any of your mom's best.
His most recent success is homemade banana cream pie, with pudding made from scratch.
(He's made this twice now).
Needless to say, this is a hobby I'm extremely happy about.
1 comment:
I want some of that banana cream pie!
It's those cold temps, they make folks want to sooth themselves w/yummy baked goods!
How fun is that! Good for Jeremy!! I love it!
Post a Comment