I think our tree sat for more than a week before we actually decorated it. Tanner didn't break any ornaments this year! It helped that the tree was on carpet this time.
Tanner was very helpful with the ornaments. He even got to put the star on the top! Dallin was sleeping. We also had Leighsa's daughter with us, so she helped decorate, too.
Ta-da!
So my friend Leighsa had a family emergency to take care of in northern MN. She decided it would be best to leave her daughter here, so she got to come to our house! We kept her until Leighsa was able to come back, which meant we got to have a daughter in the family for 9 days. Also, Leighsa's teenage son stayed with us for most of the time, too. So we were blessed to have a full house of kids. I decided that having older kids is a great idea because they play with the younger kids and help do chores! I also decided once again that schools in general start way too early in the morning (I'm not a morning person). I guess I've been taking for granted how Dallin doesn't wake up until 8:30/9:00 am!
Project time
Story time
Music time
Play Time- Our dolls got used a lot more with our guests being here.
The kids had their school performances while they stayed at our house. So I got to get our little girl all ready for her performance!
Watching both the elementary and high school performances was really fun for me. I thought a lot about my students in CA and about our performances. And I was a little surprised at myself in how much compassion I had for the music teachers. I know exactly how much work it takes to direct a performance!
While the big kids were at school, we kept ourselves busy at home.
"Mama, check out this move!"
Dallin's fingers seem so long to me!
Bloody nose. I think it was from the cold and dry weather. It's pretty brutal here.
Chomping on oranges to sooth the first two teeth coming in!
Our back neighbors gave the boys this sled! The next day, I dragged them all around the back yard. They LOVED it.
We also did a lot of baking with our adopted daughter.
Drawing of her family
Peanut Butter Rice Cripsies with Chocolate topping
Tanner took this pic
On our way to pick up the kids from school!
And even though I posted this when I talked about the wassail party, I want to post it again. It's my favorite pic of the whole week that we got to have these two amazing kids in our family. It really was a Christmas blessing to be able to take care of them!
No comments:
Post a Comment