Friday, September 6, 2013

More Summer Living

The Grush Farm
Some friends from church live on a farm that they bought last year. The place is gorgeous! They have lots of play area, chickens, huge gardens, horseshoe, play houses, fire pits, horses, etc. They had us over for Sunday dinner a few weeks ago, and we had so much fun! We went back again this week and they gave us tons of fresh produce!!
Hormel Nature Center
The nature center in town is AWESOME! I took the boys there a few weeks ago on my own. They have lots of taxidermy animals to look at and touch. The bear and bison freaked Tanner out. He was also uneasy about the live snake and kept saying "I scared, Mama. I getting scared." 
 They have a special room for preschoolers. Tanner loved the blocks made out of branches and trunks from different trees in the area.
They also had a sand station for learning about tracking different animals and identifying footprints, coloring and print making station, flannel boards, chalk wall, mini library, and look-out points to see birds and animals outside. After playing in the learning room, we went on a nature hike through the trails in the woods. I was so glad to find out the place is open all year long!
(Tanner's tower on left, mine on right)
 Bath time for Dallin
It is so fun giving Dallin his bath. He makes the funniest faces while I get him ready and put him in the water.

No comments: