Monday, September 23, 2013

Anniversary Trip

Jeremy and I took an overnight trip to Minneapolis to celebrate our SEVEN year anniversary!! Desha took care of Tanner and Dallin for a complete 30 hours. That was extremely nice of her. It was the perfect getaway for us!

We took some neat pictures, but somehow they all got lost in one of our uploads or downloads. I'm SO bummed. Very ironic, considering that I consciously took a lot of pictures because we don't have that many from our last 2 anniversaries. I've posted some pics from google so you can at least see what I'm talking about.

We stayed at the Foshay Tower, which was built in 1929. Now it's a super swanky hotel with lots of history behind it.
We ate Friday night dinner at a very fancy restaurant. It was fun to get all dressed up for a nice date! At first it was hard for me to be away from Dallin. I wasn't expecting to miss him so much, but then Jeremy reminded me that the first time I left Tanner overnight was when he was 14 months old. Dallin was only 3 months old! Also, he doesn't take a bottle very well, but Desha got him to happily survive most of the whole time we were gone.

Here's a cool building we could see from our hotel room. We took lots of pics with us in front of it, but can't find them now.
 
On Saturday morning we ate breakfast at Hell's Kitchen, one of the best places we've ever eaten at!
 Then we went to the museum and observation deck of the Foshay Tower. It used to be the tallest building west of the Mississippi. Funny how it's now trumped by all the other skyscrapers.
Then we went to the St. Paul Temple! Since it was our anniversary, we did a sealing session, which is where you participate in a ceremony where people are spiritually sealed together in a family unit for eternity, making family marriages and family units last beyond the grave! It was a really neat session.
This was a much needed trip!! Jeremy, you are so wonderful to me and our babies. You are my one true love!

No comments: