Saturday, May 25, 2013

Janae's Visit

My best friend from college, Janae, came to visit us May 2 - 7. She watched Tanner while we worked, and she helped me get everything ready for the baby. Tanner became her little buddy. 
We went to the pool, the beach, Target, the Getty Museum, had a bonfire on a beach near San Juan Capistrano, Downtown Disney, and the HB Farmer's Night Market. 
While Janae was here, Jeremy cut Tanner's hair. Here's before...
 Here's after the 1 inch trim that I gave him. 
 But Jeremy insisted that we give it a real cut. So now he looks like a totally different kid! It took me about a week to get used to it. I sure do miss the curls, but he is very handsome with his new look.
While Janae was here, our sister Katie & Steve (Kateve) had a flight get canceled on their way home from Hawaii. So they spent the night with us, which meant that we got to see our baby nieces!
Tanner REALLY liked his baby cousins. We hoped this meant he'll like his new baby brother.
We all went out to eat Monday night before Kateve caught a new flight home. I think it's hilarious how everyone is in summer clothes except me and Janae. We were the cold ones in the 70 degree weather! We look like we're ready for winter, haha.
Here's Janae and Tanner saying goodbye. They will both miss each other a lot. But I think I'll miss Janae more than Tanner. It was so great to be with her again and to have her cook for us and have her make us laugh. I don't know how I survive going so long without seeing her! Thank you, Jinesita, for all your love and friendship. I miss you!!

No comments: