Monday, May 13, 2013

An. Tee!

Auntie Desha came to take care of us from April 25-30.  Tanner had a blast with her. When she first saw him, he reached out to her from his stroller and said "An- tee!" and gave her a big hug. This was surprising to all of us since he hadn't seen her since Thanksgiving and he is generally very reserved when seeing new people.
The two buddies played outside, read lots of books, cooked, ate, watched movies, went to stores, and napped together. Desha came at the perfect time because we had lots of home inspectors and people at our home while Jeremy and I were at work. She helped keep the house clean for all of that, and fed us the yummiest, healthiest food!
On Saturday, we ate at a yummy authentic Mexican restaurant. Then we went to the San Juan Capistrano Mission for the first time. It was beautiful! And we learned some cool things on the self guided audio tour.
Tanner pushed his stroller around the entire time. It was the perfect place for him to be able to go wherever he wanted without bumping into people or things.
I'm 37 weeks pregnant in these pics! It seemed like between 34 and 37 weeks I got really huge. My size hasn't changed much since these pics.
After a few hours at the mission, we went to the tide pools in Carona Del Mar to find Desha a sea slug. Tanner and Jeremy played in the sand while Desha and I explored.
(Here's a good shot of Tanner's hair shortly after I gave it a 1-inch trim. Desha and Jeremy think it's still too long, but I love those curls!)
We saw lots of cool things, but after about an hour, there was still no sight of sea slugs. I was determined to find one, especially since we saw dozens last time. Finally, I saw one in some deeper water. I reached into the tide pool and got my prego belly all wet. Then, as I rushed to show Desha, I stepped on something really sharp (I had just barely taken my sandals off because the slug was in a sandy area and I figured it would be easier to get it without my sandals on). It hurt pretty bad, but I just gritted my teeth and didn't think of it again....until Desha noticed that a big pool of blood was accumulating around my foot! Upon further inspection, we discovered that I had a deep gash in my heel. We used Tanners white blankie (it was all we had) to make a temporary bandage so that sand wouldn't get in it. Unfortunately, I couldn't walk on that foot for about 3 days, which sucked since I had a performance to direct. But since Desha took care of it really well, it has healed nicely. 
Tanner loved having his An. Tee with us. He looked forward to finding her on the blow up mattress every morning. "Oh! An. Tee!" He would choose her over me or Jeremy to hold him. He balled and balled when Desha left at the end of the week. "An. Tee! No bye-bye. An. Teeeeeeee!" I hated watching her leave, too. It was so wonderful having her here to help us and to keep me company. I love you, Desha. Thank you for being such a wonderful auntie to my son. We miss you!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

ANT.TEE luvs you too tanner!!!!! until baby whosenameisnotlogan is born- then its a contest to see who is the cutest ;) sure do luvaluvaluva you.

Chelsea said...

You're 37 weeks?!!! Exciting!! I've heard tons about Desha but don't remember seeing a picture before, you guys look so much alike!