Jeremy got us tickets to the Monster Truck Rally at the Anaheim Angels stadium.
IT WAS AWESOME!
I have to admit that we were a little nervous of what to expect. Neither Jeremy or I had ever been to one of these things. I totally expected there to be a bunch of white men with tons of tattoos and wife beater shirts, all smoking, drinking, and yelling obscenities the entire night. But we were pleasantly surprised to see the stadium filled with your typical, clean-cut, orange county families. And yes, it was FILLED with families. Who woulda known?
Tanner wore his special ear muffs that dampen loud sounds. In fact, almost every kid was wearing them. I'm glad, too, because those trucks were LOUD.
I also dressed him in these cute blue corduroy pants that I wore when I was a baby. I think I waited too long to put them on him cuz they were almost too small for his chubby legs. But doesn't he look super cute in them?
Tanner loved watching the giant trucks. You could see his eyes and head following the trucks around the stadium, and then if they did a big jump or crash, he would give a delayed reaction of surprise.
We got to see the trucks race, and then they did a freestyle competition. We also saw a bunch of beat-up cars race around the track and crash into each other. Super fun... for us anyway. I don't know how the drivers felt. But they seemed excited.
We got there at 8:00pm and left at 9:30pm. Tanner got a little droopy eyed, but he stayed awake for the whole thing. I was sure he would have a hard time, but he didn't give us so much as one complaint the whole night. He fell asleep as soon as we got in the car and slept as usual during the night. I'm really glad we didn't waste money on a babysitter. It was really fun to have him with us!
1 comment:
Wait you dressed Tanner in girls pants to go to a monster truck rally There is something really wrong with that!!
gramz
Post a Comment