Sunday, April 12, 2009

Easter Miracles

I love Easter!! It's my favorite holiday. And what a beautiful Easter Day it is here in HB to help remind us of the resurrection of our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ! Easter is a holiday of miracles, and we have not been spared from receiving them.

Miracle 1- Jeremy and I headed down to Sea World yesterday to see if we could get in with the Fun passes that Desha and I bought last time. It was going to be a long shot since we should have gotten the cards in a certain line before.

While we were in line at customer service, I realized that I didn't bring my ID to show her that I was me. This made our chances of getting the cards even more slim. Miraculously, the ticket lady didn't ask us for our ID and gave BOTH of us a Fun Card that worked at the ticket master!! We got in to Sea World for free and we can use the cards all year!

Miracle 2- Last night I was really sad that we didn't have anything planned for Easter. It just creeped up on us, and we didn't invite anyone over for dinner or even get food. So last night, I prayed that I would be able to forgive the situation and not be bitter about it. I also asked Heavenly Father that if He saw fit, that He would inspire someone in the ward to invite us over for dinner so we wouldn't feel left out from celebrating Easter. Well, without any solicitation, we got asked to eat over at the Evans' home tonight!! I was so excited!

Miracle 3- One of the ladies in the young women program was stressed last night because she was preparing her talk for today's Easter service. Suddenly she realized that she was also supposed to teach a lesson in young women. She prayed that something would happen that would allow the lesson to be taught the way it should.

Well, she came into class and saw that I was preparing something on the chalkboard. I had prepared a lesson and didn't know that Jan was supposed to. She was so excited and said that I was an answer to prayer!

Miracle 4- On Thursday and Friday, there were a couple of high speed chases and accidents near both of our workplaces. The one where the police had to kill the mother happened around the corner from my school and one hour before I got there. It is amazing to think that Jeremy and I have been protected on the freeways. We pray for this safety every day and do not take for granted that we return from each commute safely.

Truly "there are miracles all around us just now." All we have to do is recognize them as true tender mercies from the Lord. So since it's the season of Easter miracles, please add a miracle that you have witnessed this past week to our post!!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

i actually went to sacrament mtg today. does that count? teehee ~desha

Anonymous said...

ps. im not sure if #1 is truly a "miracle" or just you guys successfully gypping the system at sea world!! LOL

Brooke said...

Three healthly babies is a miracle...finally=) and Is it a miracle that I am leaving a comment, even though I haven't updated our blog in four months!?! I miss you Sarah Lynn and Rylie turned three today and still pretends to be you and get into her car because she "needs to go home and see Jeremy!"

Sarah said...

I'm so glad you had a good Easter and the Lord showed you a tender mercy! Thanks for the reminder to recognize the Lord's hand in our lives.
It sounds like you guys are having a great time and doing well. I'm jealous you live so close to the ocean, it must be so fun!

Mickelle said...

I just posted on our blog about our latest miracle. And then, we have a few big miracles ahead of us -- like Scott getting a job, graduation, etc.

Thanks for sharing yours, Sarah Lynn. I think this is the best post I've read on any blog in quite a while!