Sunday, December 14, 2008

Oh! The Perks of Living in Orange County

Perk 1: Disneyland is just down the street.
We went for free last Sat thanks to Brooke and Ryan's kindness!



Perk 2: 75 Degree Weather at Christmas Time
All the decorations at Disneyland and in our neighborhood makes us feel like we are part of a giant "Christmas in July" Party



Perk 3: Lots of Major League Sports Centers
By courtesy of Mom Z, we got to root for the Sacramento Kings at this Lakers Game. Our seats were cushioned and there was a live band. And lots of purple lights outside- for the Kings, of course ;-)



Perk 4: Downtown Hype
We got to feel cool walking around Downtown and the Staples Center. But you can tell that I'm not very good at making a gangster face!

Perk 5: Countless Beaches
We discovered South Laguna Beach. There were rock arches, beautiful plants, turquoise waters and tide pools. During this episode of our tide pool exploration we saw starfish. If there is such thing as obese starfish, then that is what they were! HUGE and fat with brownish red and bright orange colors! We could see the orange ones from the top of the ocean cliff. Of course, we didn't have the camera, so I stole this picture from Dawn Asay, who was at the same beach a few weeks ago. Aren't the colors of all the wildlife amazing!?
Perk 6: Awesome Church Members
Yesterday we enjoyed the church Christmas Party. Jeremy and I sang a duet to open the "show" and we had fun with our friends. Today, Jeremy taught an awesome Sunday school lesson (his new calling) and I enjoyed teaching the young women. We are trying to savor every moment here because there is no telling when Hormel will promote/transfer Jeremy to a better job. I'm wishing that we can stay here!

6 comments:

Moore fun in Colorado! said...

Wow, Sarah, I can see why you would want to stay there forever! I know my sister loves it there and never wants to leave--I have tried to convince her that they should move to Colorado countless times and she just can't imagine life without the beach (and I think Disneyland)!!

Nice pictures! I'm glad you are doing so much and taking in all that Southern California has to offer!

Love ya,
Susan

Stacy said...

We loved the duet at the Ward party. Well done :)

Ryan and Chelsea said...

I'm so glad that you guys are doing tons of great things! Don't enjoy it too much though... you've got to be willing to move by us still! You're the best! (And your "carolling CARD" is on our fridge. We look at it every day and think of yall1)

meredith said...

Enjoy it now b/c we NEED you back here in MN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Merry Christmas!!!!!

Anonymous said...

oh you SO gotta blog about how you tired to remove Jeremy's eye in the shower with your triple bladed leg shaving razor.... priceless!
~desha

Anonymous said...

Hey Zavorals,

I love the star fish. I have never seen them that big. I would love to see those beaches. they look awesome. I hope to explore the world just as soon as I graduate from nursing. Anyway, continue enjoying yourselves. You guys are really good at that.
By the way YES one of my new years resolutions is to look at your blog every time you send me something. Thank you for loving me and keeping me in mind when you send me these little blogs that are a part of you.

Muah to you both,

Jine