Happy New Year to 2022!
These pictures are from January 2022. We started the year at a Chinese dumpling place.
We went bowling downtown to this really chic place. But we didn't end up bowling, all the lanes were full.
Playing with friends before school starts up again.
I taught the boys how to play Mancala.
I was thoroughly loving my teaching job at McKinley. The 4th graders are making music maps that represent the rhythm and melody of the songs we are learning.
Being silly with my boys
Dallin at recess. Sometimes during my breaks, I would come and play 4 square with the kids. They always thought it was so cool that a teacher would play with them at recess.
Trying our hand at surfing again. We gave it a good effort. Also met up with cousin Spencer and Tessa, who were living here while he did some stuff with the Navy.
The boys took an adventure with Jeremy while I had a meeting at church. They went to the library, a store and then found this alley way to play baseball true sandlot style.
Common view in my bedroom that the boys took.
Dallin set up a courtroom for us to do a Judge Judy episode.
Dallin with his friends at lunch (3rd Grade Ms. Chavira's class). They all had to sit 6 feet away from each other, which meant there would not be enough room for tables. So they sat on the ground every day. Sometimes it was fine and other times it was a bit gross if someone had spilled their milk or yogurt next to where you have to sit. It was the only time the whole day they got to take off their masks, so it was everyone's favorite time of the school day!
Everyone got free lunch in a bag from the cart, if they wanted.
Tanner with his friends in 4th grade (Ms Mills class)
Dallin in class reading because he is done with his math before everyone else.
Reading a novel as a class together. (I got to take pictures because I was doing it for the year book)
Dallin had a big fall and scraped up the front of his nose.
First in-person recital that I got to ever host in San Diego! It was really neat for the children to see other kids performing in live time! We all wore masks (as was the normal protocol for school still. I can't remember if church we started making it optional).
I made a visual schedule for one of our students that really needed this type of tool.
Here is the program!
We used two pianos, but I can't remember why I put them side by side. We also did a jam session with drums and lots of percussion instruments.
Dallin played something on the piano. He was age 8. I can't remember if Tanner played, he was already graduated from the Primer books at this point and didn't want to keep doing lessons with me.
15 students is pretty good for my 2nd year anniversary opening the studio in SD and plowing through the pandemic. One reason I didn't take more is because I had 15 minute windows in between each lesson to air out the studio and sanitize everything before the next student.
The boys got inspired by our jam session at the recital and played for several nights together on the djembes. They fool around on the drums all the time, but this particular week, they were focused on the drums for long stretches of time and were trying to learn new tricks from the internet. My heart was full over that!
New product that Jeremy was working on
Crazy sock day at school. My legs are in the middle.
Old scars with new scars on Dallin.
Working on something important!











































































No comments:
Post a Comment