Sunday, March 22, 2015

Valentine Festivities

We did a lot of neat things around Valentine's Day this year. 
Below is some True Love Bean Dip that I made for Feast & Fellowship at church. It's just seven layer bean dip with everything in slightly different order.
I hosted a Valentine's playgroup at our house. After we played in the basement for awhile, we let the kids use cookie cutters to make yummy watermellon hearts for snack. We also colored some Valentine pictures, including a picture of Jesus holding children on His lap, "Jesus loves the little children."
On Valentine's Day, I made a trail of rose petals down to the basement for Jeremy. I put a vase of flowers and a present next to Jeremy's weights and home gym. My gift to him was that I would actually lift weights with him since he always begs me to do that.

I also surprised him with a book that has all the posts and pictures from the first year of our blog (2008). He loved it. We also managed to go on a date. We ate lunch on Valentine's Day at the Four Daughter's Winery, which is a restaurant out in the country with a very hipster menu that is surprisingly delicious.
One of the best parts about Valentine's Day was that we got to witness Alainea's baptism!!
I kind of became the "baptism planner" for Leighsa since she has a lot going on with work and school full-time. Leighsa and Alainea told me what things they wanted, and I did my best to make it happen. Alainea was very involved in the planning, choosing the hymns and their specific order, calling friends to say prayers, singing a solo, and bearing her testimony that she typed up herself. She is a very special, pure little woman. I love her and her family so much!
Jeremy had the privilege of baptizing Alainea. Some people are now calling him Jeremy the Baptist because he has baptized our two newest church members.
We enjoyed lots of yummy Valentine's refreshments.
Here's Tanner in a cute shirt from GramZ. 
It snowed a lot around Valentine's Day. 
This bunny is investigating the cookie sheet that Jeremy threw outside when I burned the french bread in the oven. The burned bread pieces got buried under the snow.
Here are some random photos of the boys playing during February.
Trying to eat an orange before it's peeled.
Tanner sings "Let it go!" from Frozen at the top of his lungs while playing the guitar. He also adds new lyrics like "gotta follow Jesus and Heavenly Father!!!"
Silly little Dallin! One night, he was singing his own medley of songs, and shaking his head, making happy face, mad faces, drumming on the table, and making silly frowny faces to make us laugh. What a goof.
Here's a common sight in the neighborhood. This is the parking lot at Hormel. 
We went out to eat one night, so Tanner brought his backpack with some things to keep him busy. As soon as we got to the table, he pulled out his "activities" and laid them out on the table. He was very proud of having his own backpack and packing it all by himself.
Dance party!
Fun with cars.
We had a wonderful February!

No comments: