Monday, December 1, 2014

Halloween 2014

I'm a little behind on this post, but better late than never!
During the Halloween week, we made pumpkin milkshakes.
We also made mummy dogs
and banana ghosts
and a carrot jack-o-lantern.
I made and assembled our costumes. I was really happy with how cute they turned out!
 Tanner really wanted to be a lion for Halloween, so I figured out a way to make a family costume theme revolve around a lion AND include Jeremy in the theme without making him wear much of a costume (Jeremy hates dressing up).
So... Tanner became the Cowardly Lion. I made his mane and tail and used lion colored clothes that we already had.
Dallin was the Scarecrow. I used shirt and overalls that we already had. I made a straw collar out of burlap and a hat out of fleece scraps.
I was Glinda the Good Witch. I wore my pink high school prom dress and then made the crown out of posterboard, jewels and puffy paint. My wand was part of our living room curtain rack.
Jeremy was the Tin Man. All he had to wear was a grey hoody. I also convinced him to wear the heart watch that I made to look like the one in the movie.
We went trick-or-treating inside of the Hormel corporate offices. We got to see Daddy's work area.
Here's us before going out to a few neighbors' homes.
Waiting at the first door!
Then, we went to my friend Leighsa's neigborhood to join up with her family to make our Wizard of Oz cast a complete one!
It was really cold, I think 20 degrees. So we were able to trick-or-treat to about 10 houses before we lost all feeling in our fingers and toes. Even though he was freezing, Tanner was really excited about his stash of candy! This is his and Dallin's bucket combined. Most of the candy has been used for bribing techniques.

No comments: