Tanner turned 3 years old on June 28!!
It's hard to believe that our first baby is a little kid now!
We celebrated a few days before his actual birthday because on the 28th we were in Portland for Desha's graduation.
For Tanners birthday service project, he and I decided to make play dough for his friends. Tanner worked really hard on stirring the kool-aid into the water and stirring the salt into the flour. We added glitter and orange extract to give the play dough a cool look and yummy smell.
We made red, blue, and green playdough!
See the glitter?
Tanner got some pics of me wrapping the play dough.
And here's Tanner's selfie. Can you see the flour under his nose?
While I was packaging up the gifts, Tanner got a little carried away with exploring in the flour, making it uneatable for future use. I couldn't get mad though because he was so happy at his "hard work."
All done and ready to take to our friends!
Birthday Poses
Trying to show us how old he is.
Saying "I don't know how to do it!?"
We can't forget about the birthday boy's cute little brother!
We ate out for dinner! Tanner ordered his favorite food: pancakes!
After dinner, we went to Jeremy's softball game. He's in a city league, on a team with coworkers from the office.
Running the bases with Daddy at the end of the game.
After the game, we delivered playdough to Tanner's friends. They loved it and I thought I took pictures, but I can't find them. It was fun seeing Tanner so excited to give the play dough away.
Then we came home for cake!!
Don't be decieved. This is not a Hunger Games cake. It was on clearance, so I convinced Tanner it was a Wild Kratts cake (from one of his fav TV shows about brothers that go on wild animal expeditions).
The cake had mocking-jay rings on it that Tanner thought were creature power discs from the TV show, and he thought they would turn him into a wild animal. He was really disappointed when he put it on and it "not working Mama. Nofing is happening!" I said, "You have to use your imagination just like the Kratt brothers do." He was not convinced. I put the ring on me and pretended to turn into a falcon, flying around the house. "NO MAMA!! The sign says 'no flying in houses!'" We quickly lit the cake to distract him from his disappointment. He was much happier when he took a bite of his cake!
That's my boy!
Tanner is inquisitive, creative and silly. He is our chatterbox, our helper, our friend. He loves all sports, including boxing and fighting, and combines multiple sports into one game. Tanner has spent a lot of time lately practicing baseball, hitting left handed, throwing right handed, and never gets discouraged from missing the many balls pitched to him. Other interests include race cars, trains, and dinosaurs (not much different from a year ago!). Tanner dances and sings up a storm, singing familiar songs really well and creating original ones such as "To the B-I-C," "WakaWaka T-Rex," and his latest hit "Be Strong this is the World." He is also good at playing Name that Tune. This Little One is still pretty little (25th percentile for height), but that doesn't keep him from working hard at his favorite chores: mowing the lawn and vacuuming. I've really enjoyed this past year being home with Tanner full-time. Words can't express what a blessing he is in our lives.
Happy birthday, my little Tan Man!
No comments:
Post a Comment