Hangin' Out with Tanner after work around Feb 19.
Tanner is almost 20 months old at this time!
Tanner loves to get into this automen and into our hampers.
Dancing to Pandora music. He squats his legs and takes large steps around the room, sideways, front and backwards. It's so funny. He also bobs his head back and forth. Sometimes waves his arms, spins, and jumps.
He didn't like it when I put on classical music. "No, no. New song!" I tried several classical pieces. "Nooo. New song!" Then I put on the station with kids rock and roll. He was much happier and danced all over the place. I figured that meant we needed to listen to more classical pieces. So I make sure that we do that on our morning drive to the babysitter's house.
Tanner eating. I love watching him eat! He makes the cutest expressions. He has become an independent eater in the last month or so. He gets up into his high chair all by himself. As of this week, he now consistently eats all his meals at the table instead of with his tray. We sometimes still give him a bib, depending on what he's eating. He uses forks and spoons and eats his cereal without spilling. He keeps his food on his plate or in his bowl while he eats and if something falls off the plate or fork, he puts it back on!
But, if he gets super frustrated, then we have some issues. "Frustrated" can mean he has been trying to get the food on his fork for a long time and it isn't working. Or it can mean he didn't want that food, or he thinks it's too hot, or he thinks he is done. If he gets "frustrated," then he will fling his plate across the room or dump all the food onto the table and spread it all over the place, followed by a tantrum. When this happens, I try to give as little attention to him as I can, just quietly pick it all up. There's no point in feeding the fire. Usually, I realize that if I had just listened to him when he was in his early stage of frustration, I could have prevented the outburst.
He likes all types of food, there really isn't anything he doesn't eat. Some of Tanner's favorite foods are noodles with marinara sauce, pancakes, oatmeal and cereal, scrambled eggs, beans, chicken, rice, guacamole, hummus, string cheese, yogurt, applesauce, bananas, berries on his cereal, fresh cooked carrots, fresh fruit smoothies, grapes, pineapples, ANY of the fruit or vegetable squeezies, and cookies. He also eats tomatoes, cooked peppers and onions and squash, granola bars, sliced ham, fresh cooked fish (hates the frozen fish sticks), toast, any type of cracker, and ice cream. He can't digest raisins or nuts very well, but still eats them when I let him.
Tanner doesn't chew a whole lot when he eats. He actually likes to take really big bites, chew a little and then swallow in gulps. Yikes! To get more veggies in him, I blend steamed or cooked green veggies in the blender and then add the mix to pancake batter, yogurt, hummus, and spaghetti sauces. It should also be noted that Tanner snacks a lot. He likes to eat about every 1.5-2 hours. Not a surprise, since that's how I roll, too!
On March 2, we decided we needed to make a trip to the temple. The Newport Beach Temple is only 15 minutes from our house, so we need to take better advantage of that! Our biggest excuse for not going there on a regular basis is because it's so hard to spend another day away from Tanner. I know that sounds silly to some people, but when you hardly see your son or your husband during the week days, your few week nights together (2 or 3 if we're lucky) and your week-ends become extremely precious time.
So to help with that, we came up with a solution. We would both go to the temple on a Saturday, but so that Tanner doesn't have to be ditched again, and so that neither of us have to go alone (which I have a very hard time with), we will all get dressed up together, go to the temple together and split up the time. Jeremy & Tanner dropped me off for my turn, and they stayed in the temple parking lot while Tanner slept in the car. Then, we switched. While Jeremy was in the temple, I took Tanner on a calm walk around Carona Del Mar. Then, we walked around the temple grounds and talked about the gospel until Jeremy was done. It turned out to be a perfect family event!
On our walk around Carona Del Mar.
It was such a beautiful day!
No comments:
Post a Comment