Tanner loves the Nutcrackers. He says "cawkuh, cawkuh!" for "cracker" every time he sees a nutcracker. He likes touching their noses and beards and making the mouth open and close.
We attempted to decorate the tree. Most of our ornaments are the glass balls/bulbs, so naturally Tanner kept braking them. We decided the tree would just have a star this year.
Tanner is trying to blow up the ornament in this picture.
Tanner is really good about sitting still through 10-15 minutes of Baby Einstein. It allows us to get ready for work or do a bunch of cleaning without him in the way.
He is getting really good at using a fork. He calls the utensils "poo" for "spoon."
The big day for me this December was directing the winter assembly at school. It is a tradition that I started 4 years ago, and it involves the entire student body- preschool to 8th grade. This year I decided to make it a really big deal by having the assembly themed after How the Grinch Stole Christmas. Everyone dressed up to look like whos from Who-ville. I wish I could show you pictures of the students- they looked amazing!! I made this costume and did my own hair.
The assembly was more like a full-on musical and it turned out to be a real HIT! I got a couple teachers to narrate the story as if they were real whos from Who-ville. We also had a teacher act as the Grinch and another act as Cindy Lou Who. Every grade level sang a holiday song that flowed with the story. I also had the JH Art class design the sets for the show, which turned out to be awesome. The art teacher and I worked really closely together! And a group of 7th graders rewrote the song "You're a mean one Mr. Grinch" to be about the teachers. It was by far the best winter assembly yet. And to top it all off, we had an article published in the local newspaper about the event!!
1 comment:
WOWee! Sound awesome and your outfit is great. You are super talented!!
Post a Comment