For my last week of teaching this school year, MomZ, DadZ and Matt came down to take care of Tanner. This saved us a week of daycare costs! It was super fun to have them with us.
Tanner is such a good eater! Here, he's eating pasta with spinach. Tanner loves real ravioli, tortalini and any other type of real pasta. He hates the baby food kind, but he'll gobble down the real stuff.
Swimming in our neighborhood pool with Grampz and Uncle Matt.
Tanner didn't really like getting thrown in the air. But he is okay with leaning off the edge of the pool (from a sitting position) and landing in our arms.
Grampz is so silly!
I like this photo below. It's a look of earnestness to be with mommy while simultaneously sucking on his lip to feel his teeth coming in.
During the week, the family did lots with Tanner. He played all over the house, learned how to wave bye bye, went to Knott's Berry Farm and Universal Studios. The family also went deep sea fishing and to the filming of an ABC TV sit-com series, but Tanner didn't go to those. In the evenings, we all hung out together and laughed a lot, mostly at Tanner. I even made yummy Dominican food one night.
On Friday night, our 3 visitors were in LA late for the TV filming. So Jeremy, Tanner and I celebrated my last day of school. I really wanted to go to Chilis to get a chocolate lava cake, but we didn't have any coupons or gift cards. Then, I decided to open a few of the cards I got from my students. The first one I opened had a gift card in it for Chilis! How cool is that!?! So we went and had the yummiest lava cake.Another gift from my students was some chocolates, so I let Tanner have a hard piece to gnaw on. He loved it!
On Sat morning, Jeremy and Matt went boogie boarding at the beach. Then, we all piled in our cars and headed to San Diego. There was some crazy traffic, so we only had time to go to the Mormon Battalion exhibit center. I was really surprised at how cool it was! The tour had multi-media things that interacted with the audience. I learned a lot of neat stuff about our church history. At the end, there was pining for gold, looking for ancestors, and making bricks.
For dinner in San Diego, we went to a special restaurant that DadZ found online. The line took forever, but the food was great!
Jeremy's first Father's Day! Tanner brought him gummy worms for breakfast in a big bowl with a spoon. It was great to be with DadZ on Father's day, too.
We had to say goodbye after church. It was sooooo wonderful to have our family stay with us this past week!! Thank you Gramz, Grampz and Uncle Matt for taking a week out of your summer to watch Tanner! He had a super time, and he truly loves you so much.
No comments:
Post a Comment