Thursday, July 14, 2011

Best Holiday Ever

I LOVE the 4th of July (along with Easter). Normally we would ride bikes to the beach and parade, but this year we had to do things a little differently for obvious reasons.

With our little newborn, we were still able to make Independence Day a special one. We had hotdogs for lunch; trip to Mile Square Park; nap in the shade; Jeremy and I played football; drove downtown to the pier to see all the excitement, but stayed in the car (that was hard for me!); steak for dinner (thanks MomR); played with sparklers outside our house at night.

 I am so grateful to be an American. We are very fortunate people to be part of such a wealthy country that has a working democracy. Sure, there are a lot of things that could be better with the economy, education and  government. But we have things that most people in the world do not. I have my Founding Fathers  and my Heavenly Father to thank for that. This 4th of July, I have pondered the odds of being born in America. Tanner could have been born anywhere to anyone, but he was sent to us. How grateful we are, and what a task we have to teach him to be grateful for this blessing, too.

2 comments:

Kirsten said...

Your little guy is so sweet. Congratulations!

Laurel said...

Oh, SarahLynn, Tanner is such a handsome little guy! Congratulations to you and Jeremy! I LOVE all the pictures you've posted of him and of you all as a family. They are priceless. I am very happy for the two of you!! We had our little girl on July 7 (16 days early) and all is going well with us. I've done one post on our blog, but haven't done anymore yet. Chosen to sleep instead! :) Hope all is going well! Love, Laurel