Jeremy is in full swing with his MBA program. He is currently taking 3 classes: microeconomics, financial accounting, and management communications. He goes to class TTH nights and works with his group of classmates for projects and homework assignments on Fri&Sat.
He's been learning about some neat businesses, and today he read a chapter about the effects of child labor in developing countries. Now he is pretty convinced it's not as bad as everyone makes it out to be!
This week, things might get crazier because my new Children's Chorus will start. I have a whopping 62 students that have agreed to come before school to rehearse as a choir! We will meet 3 days a week, 40 minutes before school starts. The student hype is really huge, but several teachers are very doubtful the kids will stick with it. (I just love how supportive people can be sometimes, don't you?) We'll just have to prove them wrong! Granted some students will drop out, but I'm still really excited, trying to stay realistic with my goals, and overall just really gitty about the possibilities that such a huge chorus could have at our school! Please wish me and the students luck!
5 comments:
Good luck w/your choir and thanks for the update, glad you have time to make nice meals and other basics at home. Jeremy's classes sound interesting- I guess I need to learn about child labor I always thought it sounded horrible, hope w/all going on that you can have time to relax and enjoy too. Love you! XOX ~MOM R
SarahLynn!
Choir is SO much fun! Let me know what things work for you--- I would love to hear about your ideas too!
Love,
Cammie
Sarah,
You are just doing awesome things in your life it sounds!!! Congrats about everything--the choir, the articles you wrote, and Jeremy's school! Love you lots!!!
Good luck this week - I am so excited for you and the kiddos in your choir! I wish I could be there! And I am uber impressed with your cooking. I am at home all day and don't manage to get that good of lunches. You guys rock!
Congratulations on your recent publicity. That is really awesome! 62 students? WOW!! You will always have some students drop out, but with that many already signed up you are going to have a huge choir. And you will make it worth their while to stick around. You've already won that battle just by being you! :)
I might be coming that way in October. I would love to see you! Maybe I could sit in on one of your classes? We made a short trip to Cali this summer and I hoped to hook up with you, but there ended up not being enough time. But, hopefully this time it will work out. Don't know if we are coming for sure, but it is likely. I will be in touch!
Post a Comment