2. I had my first formal teaching observation on Tuesday. I wasn't nervous about actually teaching, it was just getting the lesson together perfectly that was the stressful part. The lesson turned out really well, and my boss gave me awesome ratings. But the best part was that while I was teaching, the kids made all the discoveries that I wanted them to--on their own! It was very exciting for me.
3. I organized the first school-wide Sing-In this past week. Every grade sang a winter song and the teachers sang a song, too. It was really festive and fun. I love being a music teacher because of events like these!!
4. We saw the movie Avatar on Friday, which was really good. It was a blend of Pocahontas and Fern Gully, only in 22nd century mode. We've got lots of movie tickets from my students that we are excited to use. Any suggestions of good ones that you've seen??
5. The Balboa Boat Parade was gorgious again this year!! Jeremy dropped off Ashlea and I next to a bridge to start watching the boats that are all lit up. The lights were beautiful and the weather was great- 68 degrees at night. By the time Jeremy found a place to park and catch up with us, the parade was over! Poor guy.

6. So here's a follow up from the previous post titled Couch Potato- Last night I dreamed that I ran into Mrs. Duggar, the mom on 18 Kids and Counting. I told her how much I loved her family and the show. Then I started telling her how much she would love the restored gospel, and I taught her all about our church, the Book of Mormon, and families being together forever. She seemed really interested. But when I told her about Joseph's vision, she just laughed in my face and walked away. I was really, really sad about that. Then I woke up and realized that maybe this couch potato business is getting a little out of hand!
7. We have our tree up! It kind of looks like a leaning tower of lights. We will be enjoying Christmas Eve and Day at our place here in HB. Then on the 26th, we fly down to Puerta Vallarta to meet up with my parents and sisters. We will get to spend the whole week together and scuba dive!! Woohoo!
8. We went to a professional soccer game. It was a fun cultural experience! Even Jeremy admitted there is a lot to professional soccer that he simply does not understand, but it was fun to be there and experience it all.
3 comments:
I love that you dreamed you taught Mrs. Duggar! My sisters love that show. I personally think she's crazy.
Love you SarahLynn! MERRY CHRISTMAS my dear! Love, MaLee
Congrats on the school wide sing-in!
So sorry Jeremy missed the boat parade, but fun that you and Ashlea enjoyed it, how is she doing?
Post a Comment